Larkspur, Calif. (Aug. 23, 2022) - Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios unveiled Dead Island 2 with an incredible CGI Trailer showcasing the brand new zombie adventure’s exciting pulp tone during gamescom’s global livestream event Opening Night Live.
Announcing along with the CGI trailer, is the first official Dead Island 2 gameplay trailer. Including actual game footage, the gameplay trailer sets the scene for what’s to come, and introducing players to the variety of stunning gore-drenched locations and a cornucopia of zombified Los Angelinos.
View the announcement trailer on YouTube here - https://youtu.be/6Dv1cqr1npA
View the gameplay trailer on YouTube here - https://youtu.be/hEkkrJpI6XA
Dead Island 2 is a first-person action-RPG set in an glorious sun and blood drenched setting – a hellish, yet stylish and vibrant, gore-ridden version of Los Angeles, nicknamed HELL-A. The series’ unique formula, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying returns, with all the swagger and charisma you’d expect from Dead Island.
The CGI trailer stars Jacob, one of our playable slayers, as he wakes up in a luxurious Beverly Hills villa. But nothing is what it seems, join him as he ventures out into HELL-A and to witness the bloody outbreak aftermath, enhanced by the iconic track "Hollywood Swinging" by Kool And The Gang.
Pre-orders are live now and the game will release on Feb. 3, 2023 on Xbox Series X and Xbox One, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4, Google Stadia and the Epic Games Store for PC.
Dead Island 2 Story:
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted zombie powers running through your veins. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity), in the balance. You were born for this.
As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak you’ll uncover the truth of who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in LA!
- Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, stained with horror, in an exciting journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
- Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
- Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds.
- Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? HELL-LA is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
- A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in LA for a very long and gory trip.
Unique to players in North America, Dead Island 2 will also feature Alexa Game Control which allows gamers to use their voice to seamlessly interact with zombies, change weapons, navigate the world of Hell-A, and more. For more information about Alexa Game Control, visit www.amazon.com/alexagamecontrol.
“We are excited to debut Alexa Game Control in Dead Island 2,” said Steve Bernstein, Director, Alexa Games. “Gamers will enjoy a more immersive gaming experience by using their voice to goad zombies, ask for help, activate special abilities during combat, and more, without having to say “Alexa,” use an Echo device, or purchase any special hardware.”
“We are committed to building immersive games that people can play wherever and however they want to play them,” said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO at PLAION Group, developer and global publisher of Dead Island 2. “This means that people should be able to play games however they want. With physical media, digital editions, controllers and now voice.”
For more information on Dead Island 2 follow us on Twitter and Instagram @DeadIslandGame and on Facebook at @DeadIslandGameUK.
© 2022 Plaion GmbH and published by Deep Silver. Developed by Deep Silver Dambuster Studios. Additional development by Deep Silver Fishlabs. Deep Silver, Dead Island, Dambuster, Fishlabs and their respective logos are trademarks of Plaion GmbH. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners. All Rights Reserved.
Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including its own brands like the open world extravaganza Saints Row, the zombie action franchise Dead Island, and the gritty, post-apocalyptic Metro series. Upcoming highlights from Deep Silver include the next entries into the Saints Row, TimeSplitters and Dead Island franchises. Deep Silver development studios include Deep Silver Dambuster Studios and Free Radical Design, both in Nottingham, UK; Deep Silver Fishlabs in Hamburg, Germany, and Deep Silver Volition based in Champaign, IL, USA.
For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
PLAION runs a multi-label strategy, with fully owned publishing units, such as Deep Silver, Prime Matter, Milestone, Vertigo Games and Ravenscourt, publishing games for consoles, PC and VR platforms across all physical and digital channels.
Additionally - as a global publishing partner - PLAION has formed long-term multinational publishing collaborations with numerous game publishers including Activision Blizzard, Bethesda, Capcom, Focus Multimedia, Giants Software, Koei Tecmo, Paradox, Sega, SNK, Square Enix, Techland, THQ Nordic, Tripwire, Warner Bros and many others.
With its parent company in Höfen, Austria - and the HQ in Munich, Germany - PLAION owns local publishing companies in Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Australia, the United States as well as Japan and Hong Kong.
PLAION owns ten game development studios: Deep Silver Volition (Champaign, IL, USA), Deep Silver Dambuster Studios (Nottingham, UK), Fishlabs (Hamburg, DE), Warhorse Studios (Prague, CZ), Milestone (Milan, IT), Voxler (Paris, FR) , DigixArt (Montpellier, FR), Flying Wild Hog (Warsaw, Kraków, Rzeszów, PL), Free Radical Design (Nottingham, UK) and Vertigo Games (Rotterdam, Amsterdam, NL). Additionally, PLAION collaborates with numerous independent development studios around the world.
Part of PLAION is also PLAION PICTURES, a leading independent film distributor in Europe with a library of more than 1.400 titles. Further business operations include Sola Media, a sales agency and production company for family entertainment, Spotfilm Networx, a multi-channel streaming network, and a sub-label dedicated to Japanese animation.
PLAION also owns the leading video game merchandise company DPI Merchandising (Denver, Roseburg, USA and Munich, DE) and a Quality Assurance Facility in Olomouc, CZ.
PLAION is an Embracer Group company.